- Get to bed early. If you’re prone to burning the candle at both ends you’ll be rapidly depleting your adrenals and kidney energy. You may be able to get away with this during other seasons but not in winter. Now is the time to rest and replenish your energy.
- Incorporate meditation and stillness into your day. Nourish the nervous system with relaxation that enables your body an opportunity to re-wire.
- Nourish your body with miso soup, seaweed and adzuki beans. These sorts of foods help create strong blood which helps strengthen and support the kidneys.
- Keep your kidney area (lower back) covered and wear socks. If these area’s are uncovered you’re prone to leaking energy from your kidneys by being cold. It’s important to be conserving your energy through the winter months.
- Do a big vision board of your dreams and desires. Winter is a time for reflection, a time to look at what it is we want most for our lives. So it’s a fabulous time to get clear on your dreams so that when the warmer months come you can put those dreams and desires into action.
What Body and Breath has on offer to help warm you up this Winter.
- Empowered Women Day Retreat. Womens Leadership and the Role of Women in the Aquarian Age. June 25th 9am-5pm. Time out to nourish yourself with a day of sacred healing and deep connection to the roots of womanhood. Ritual and ceremony weaved into a day of yoga, meditation, hearty organic lunch and soothing sound healing.
- Two Blissful Lush out evenings. Friday July 21st and Friday August 11th. Enjoy a dinner designed to build the kidney energy, then lay over a bolster with a salt pack, enjoy a relaxing guided visualisation and long deep savasana to music.
- 7 Day Yoga and Mindfulness Retreat for Clarity, Purpose and Power. August 21 – 27th. Spend a sunny week in Bali, relaxing by the ocean, while you enjoy a yoga retreat designed to reconnect you with your inner compass so that you can gain clarity on the direction you wish to steer your life.